Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Surprise!

I had a nice surprise this last weekend. A nice young college girl looking to earn some extra cash had time on Saturday to start painting my craft room.

I decided to try painting over the old wallpaper since it seemed to be fairly tight on the wall. I figured that the worse that could happen is the old wallpaper would fall off the wall and that would have been all right too. It worked out real well except in one corner where the wall was cracked and the wallpaper had separated from the wall. Hubbie thinks he can repair it without too much problem.








She, with the help of my #2 daughter, put a primer coat on Saturday. Then on Tuesday, they came back and put on the final coat. It is a soft golden yellow. The name of the color was called Apple Crunch. Doesn't that sound yummy! I just love it. I can't believe the difference it made!




I would like to make a Roman shade for the window. I found the perfect piece of fabric in a bag of stuff someone gave me (yeah...a freebie!) I am sure I can find instructions somewhere online to make one.

I think this room has really got my creative juices flowing. I can think of all sorts of decorating ideas for this space. This is going to be fun!

1 comment:

Arlette said...

Hi Joyce, your room looks great! I think it opens the room up and looks alot more roomy now. Congratulations on the up and coming graddaughter. I agree, I think you should make her some cute polka dot hangers for her clothes.
Aloha!