Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Bells, bells, bells, bells

I have always loved the poem The Bells by Edgar Allen Poe. This poem came to mind the other day as I cleaned and sorted the craft supplies I was hoarding in my dreaded craft room closet.

It seemed like every container, bag, basket and box I sorted through contained some sort of bells. Apparently every time I needed bells for some craft I was working on, I would buy some. Probably because I was unable to locate the stash I had hiding in amongst my other stuff.








Now they have found a nice home in their own container. I had enough to fill a shoebox sized container, which is a lot considering some of these bells are pretty tiny. So next time I need a bell, I can go to my neatly organized closet and pull out the container marked “Bells” and find one that is just right for the project!

I will now leave you with the first verse of this famous poem.

Hear the sledges with the bells -
Silver bells!
What a world of merriment their melody foretells!
How they tinkle, tinkle, tinkle,
In the icy air of night!
While the stars that oversprinkle
All the heavens, seem to twinkle
With a crystalline delight;
Keeping time, time, time,
In a sort of Runic rhyme,
To the tintinnabulation that so musically wells
From the bells, bells, bells, bells,
Bells, bells, bells -
From the jingling and the tinkling of the bells.


Have a great day!

2 comments:

Arlette said...

Joyce, it doesn't seem like you'll need to purchase bells anytime soon. I'm glad you're enjoying the advantages of an organized craft room. Happy Crafting!
Aloha!

Arlette said...

Congratulations, Joyce, you are the winner of my giveaway. Please email me your address and I will get your package sent out to you. Thanks for entering my giveaway.

Aloha,
Lettie

mousechirpy (at) hotmail (dot) com