Friday, May 30, 2008

Garage Sale Goodies

I happened across a garage sale today where a lady was selling her craft supplies. I could not resist buying. I know I just took three weeks to clean my craft room, but this stuff was cheap. Most items were 25 cents and nothing was more than 1 dollar. I got some great stuff!


See all the pretty ribbons, laces, buttons and trims! Try to resist that! My total purchase was $39.25. I don't think that was too bad.


These trims are pricey if you buy them at the fabric shop.


A beautiful array of ribbon.


Spools of lace.


Yards and yards of beautiful lace.



Bags of buttons.


I had to dump them out to see what I had. I just love buttons.


This was a smaller bag of buttons. Most of these were gold, pearly white, clear and some very interesting shapes.


Some very small ribbon trims.


More ribbon trims.

I probably should not have bought so much (by the way, the lady still had plenty of stuff left) but if I had to buy this at a fabric store, I am sure I would have paid in the 100's of dollars. Besides, since I cleaned my craft room, I do have about a half of a shelf in the closet that is empty, or should I say, was empty.

Have a great weekend!


11 comments:

Arlette said...

OMG Joyce! You are one lucky duck, I tell ya! Had I been there, my newly found stash would be just as big as yours. I love the feeling of walking away from a garage sale with such fabulous goodies at such a meager cost. You did good. Now I'm jealous!
Aloha!

méri said...

What lovely things!!! It was a real bargain, indeed! Great luck!
Have a nice weekend too.

SewDelish said...

What a fantastic bargain! I can see you are going to be busy. I have never found any crafty goodies at a garage sale before. What a super stash. I bet you are thrilled!

Sewdelish
xx

annemarie said...

What a steal - I think you got great deals - especially the buttons which are my favorite!!

Nancy said...

What a haul!!!Beautiful trims. Your newly painted room looks great...how old is your house? The trim (the room woodwork)looks really wonderful like old craftmanship. Nice to have a fresh start with a new paint job and an organized closet. Thanks for sharing. Nancy (Viva Elvis!)

sweetiepie said...

Nancy, thanks for asking about my house. According to my abstract, my house was built in 1917. It does have great character. That is what attracted me to it.

raggedy britches said...

wow Joyce what a haul!wish I had been there with ya!love your blog!now you have lots of stash to craft with,lol

corry said...

Wow, you did a great bargain! I love your new stash. To bad we don't have garage sales in Holland!
Thanks for your visit Joyce.

Sandra :) said...

WOWOW what a haul - lucky you!! I never find goodies like that at garage sales, but I've been pretty lucky on freecycle - one crafter's cast-offs are another one's treasures! :)

Mrs.Kwitty said...

OMGosh--I think I fainted twice looking at all that--it's just too too gorgeous! Lucky you!
Smiles, Karen

Lorraine said...

What a nice find. You really got a good bargain. Can't wait to see what you'll do with some of that stuff.