Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Banana Bread


I love bananas but I like them a little on the rare side. You know when the skin is still green and you have to use a knife to peel it. My husband, Al, on the other hand is not that particular. He will eat a good ripe banana.

But there is a point in a bananas life when even he won’t eat it. You know what I talking about. When the skin is completely black and when you pick it up it squishes in your hand. I used to throw them away when they got this ripe. But not anymore.

I have found the most delightful, delicious, dessert to make using over ripe bananas and it is so easy even a caveman could do it.

Start with this

The recipe:

2 c. mashed bananas
3 Tbsp. milk
2 eggs
1 tsp. vanilla
1/2 c butter, melted
2 c. flour
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1 c. sugar
1/2 c nuts (optional)

Combine bananas, milk, eggs, vanilla and butter. Add sugar, then dry ingredients. Can add nuts if desired. Beat until smooth and well blended. Pour mixture into greased loaf pan. Bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.



Here it is ready for the oven



All done……yum.


How simple was that!!!


I can eat it just plain or with just a little butter on it.


Now remember this ladies, next time your husband asks, just tell him….


IF YOU WANT BREAKFAST IN BED, SLEEP IN THE KITCHEN!


Have a good day!

5 comments:

Arlette said...

Looks delicious! Thank you for the recipe!
Aloha!

Niesz Vintage Home said...

Hi Joyce!
Thanks so much for stopping by my blog.
It looks like I showed up at just the right time...I love banana bread! And I have never made it myself, can you believe it?

Jotting down the recipe now. :)

Kimberly

Katherine said...

Oh, this looks so yummy! I love banana bread - I have to hide the bananas though so that the boys don't eat them before the bananas get nice and ripe for baking with.

Netter said...

Yummy looks great! For years, I've been keeping all the 'nanners that look like they should be in the trash. They really make the best 'nanner bread. I save them up in the freezer. I just take the peel off ,mush them up, stick them in a ziplock bag and write how many are in the bag. Then when the mood strikes me to bake, I thaw them out, and toss them in the batter. I know a lady that runs a daycare center and the local grocery stores give her all the old 'nanners for her to make muffins and bread for the kids snacks. I think thats such a great idea.

Chichi {From Now Till I Do} said...

I love banana bread and it is so easy to make!