Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Satin Angel

I love angels. I have been collecting angels for years. As a matter of fact I decorate a 7 1/2 foot Christmas tree every year with only angel ornaments, most of which are handmade.

Angels are everywhere. They don't always look like angels in the beginning, but if you really concentrate, you can see them. That is what I saw when my hubbie was finishing a home improvement project and he had all these little pieces of 2x4 lumber he was going to toss. I didn't see trash, I saw angel bodies!

I immediately knew what I had to do. I painted a wooden ball with an angelic face and attached it to the top of the wood block with a dowel and some glue. Then I proceeded to dress my angel in the finest satin dress.




I then gave her some beautiful blonde curly hair and a pearl halo. I fashioned her wings from some 2 inch wired ribbon and, voila, there she was.


So you see, angels are all around us. You just have to believe and you will see.

I would like to leave you with these words of wisdom today:

LIFE IS SHORT, EAT DESSERT FIRST

These are words to live by.

Have a nice day.


4 comments:

The Southern Mom said...

Welcome to blogging...it's addictive! And thanks for the comment on mine!

I love your little angel, so cute!
And so is your grandson...what a cutie pie!

Debbie

wendy said...

that is so true! pretty angel also

sweetiepie said...

Debbie and Wendy, thank your for your nice comments. I have been having so much fun discovering blogs and I have got some great ideas in the process!

Aunt Jo said...

Hi!

Welcome to the great world of blogging. Thank you so much for your kind comment on my blog. :)