Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Update

I just wanted to let everyone know that I had a ct scan last week to check the progress of my cancer treatments. I saw my doctor on Tuesday to discuss the results of the scan. Both tumors have decreased in size. The larger tumor had a significant decrease. At least things are going in the right direction.

I started my fourth round of treatment on Tuesday also. I go three days in a row for treatments. Then I am off for three weeks. I will have at least six rounds of treatments. They may do some radiation at some point in time also.

I do know they are going to radiate my brain. So far the scans show no cancer in the brain. I am told that when they radiate the brain it will decrease the chance of the cancer reappearing there from 60% to 5%. Those are odds I can handle. The only side effect to that treatment is that I will lose my hair, but it is already gone, so nothing hurt there.

I want everyone to know I really appreciate all the thoughts and prayers and I know they are helping. I have seen miracles and I just know if I have enough people praying I will see another one.

Thanks everyone.
Joyce

5 comments:

Carrie @ Cottage Cozy said...

I will continue my prayers for you, Joyce. Thank you for your update...have you been wearing lots of scarves and hats?

Stay Cozy & Well,
Carrie

Tins and Treasures said...

This is a good report from your doctor. I will continue to keep you in my thoughts and prayers. Have a restful Sunday. Take care ~Natalie

Aunt Jo said...

I'm glad you had a good report. You are in my prayers.

Arlette said...

Joyce, I'm glad to hear the positive news. I'll continue to pray for a full recovery. Take care, my friend.
Aloha!

Carrie @ Cottage Cozy said...

I haven't seen a new post from you in awhile and just wanted to let you know that I am thinking about you. Hope you are doing well...My prayers are with you.

Fondly, Carrie